Shipper / Receiver / Purchaser
Fort St. John, BC
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for coordinating purchasing activities, organizing shipping and receiving practices and maintaining accurate inventory records.Duties/Responsibilities
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate purchasing activities and purchasing budget
- Identify vendors of material, equipment or supplies; Evaluate cost and quality of goods and services
- Source and obtain price quotations from catalogues and suppliers and prepare purchase orders
- Process purchases within purchasing authority
- Prepare and maintain purchasing files, reports and price lists
- Review reports on discontinued items, gross margin, negative on-hand stock, layaway and on-hold items. Deal with issues to ensure and maintain stock rotation and account for outdated or damaged stock
- Enter data for stock replenishment/relocation and inventory adjustments
- Contact suppliers to schedule deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed deliveries and other problems
- Spot-check questionable items and make necessary adjustments to inventory count
- Review and process claims against suppliers
- Follow proper documentation procedures for merchandise that is to be returned or refused
- Calculate cost of Home store expenses for ordered items and charge/forward to appropriate accounts
- Know the correct location of products in stock to better assist customers and coworkers
- Work in a safe manner in accordance to provincial and federal safety legislation, as well as use of good common sense. Report any potential hazards and unsafe behaviour to management in order to have the situation corrected.
- Follow company policies and procedures
- Contribute to a positive team atmosphere and have a Friendly and helpful attitude towards customers, suppliers and coworkers
- Communicate with sales staff regarding issues of merchandise levels, damages, etc.
- Work on special projects and additional duties as assigned by management after determining their priority in relation to your other responsibilities, and attend meetings, training sessions, etc. as required.
- Assist in taking annual inventory counts Customer Service
- Assist customers and personnel with moving and carrying out large, heavy or bulky items Work Conditions
- Work weeks are 5 days, between Monday to Saturday, 8 hours per day
- Physical activity required, including lifting and moving boxes, bending, squatting, kneeling, and walking up and down staircase
- The Purchase Coordinator is frequently required to handle changing priorities
- Working closely with Supervisors and reporting directly to management; Meet with management for quarterly/annual performance review
How to Apply:
If interested in this position, please forward resume to Ellen.firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 250-787-0304 or drop off at the store.
Although we thank all interested parties, only those being considered will be contacted.